Philippine Internet Usage
Everyday, more and more Filipinos are going online. In 2011, the internet penetration for the country was only 29.2% compared to other countries (such as Singapore) with a 70% penetration number, according to Internet World Stats. Take note that we have more than 100M people in terms of population, while Singapore only has less than 5M.
This year, we expect that number to grow with computers and mobile phones becoming cheaper and the need to adapt grows. We’re sure it will grow exponentially in the years to come.
So take advantage of these trends. It’s time for you to EVOLVE and get your business online!
Contact us now!
2011 Data for Philippine Internet Usage
- 29.7M out of 101.8M people in the Philippines access the internet
- Each user spends 18.6 hours per month on the Internet
- 23.4M Facebook users (#3 in Asia, #7 Globally)
- 4.01M Twitter users (#8 Globally)
- 92.2M Mobile users (80% of total population)
- Mobile market top OS: #1 Symbian, #2 Apple iOS, #3 Android
- Internet access via Mobile (5%), Home (31%), Cafes (69%)
- Top online activities, reading blogs, blogging, watching videos and searching